This Job Seekers section of the website is just for you. From here, you can:
- upload a new resume and view your past resumes (below)
- update your personal information, including change address and contact information
- contact a career coach - your own personal career coach! (required to apply for jobs and access other services like training opportunities)
- search our database of current available job postings
- view your activities with AICCC, including uploaded resumes, job postings on which you've applied, and more
- access training opportunities to increase your skills
- get great advice and help with your job search
AICCC Benefits for Job Seekers
The AICCC is a unique service designed to connect prospective Indigenous workers with employers recruiting for construction-related careers.
AICCC offers a broad range of services to job seekers, including:
- Career coaching
- Strength-based needs assessments and test of workplace essential skills
- Cross referral services
- Resume development
- Safety courses, workshops, and training
- Readiness assistance including transportation support for interviews and safey boots
Employment Search Support
The AICCC will promote employment opportunities and connect Indigenous job seekers in Alberta with employers. AICCC Career coaches will support you to enhance your employment opportunities by
- developing resumes and cover letters,
- enhancing interview skills, and
- developing successful employment retention strategies.
Career Development and Training
Embedding Indigenous ways into training materials to reduce some of the barriers our Indigenous people face when engaging in education will be a key focus for the AICCC.
Our career coaches are certified and qualified to offer WHMIS, Flagging, and CSTS training and certification in-house at our Centres to reduce travel and expense for you. See a full list of training opportunities offered through the AICCC.
Some clients may undergo additional assessment to better understand their work readiness. This program will help mitigate employment barriers through urban Indigenous service providers when needed.
Successful clients may return to Bow Valley College or NorQuest College for educational upgrading and information around apprenticeship programs in trades to enhance their employment opportunities.
The AICCC team will guide you appropriately, internally, and externally to achieve your goals.